Day 799 a lazy mosey around Tiree as the wind picks up…

There’s a storm a brewin’… it was a nice enough morning but cloudy until the rain came on about 12ish and rained most of the afternoon. The wind is up to gusts of 28mph and tomorrow and Saturday that only keeps increasing. To the extent that our ferry is likely to be disrupted or cancelled.

So we took a drive up a new road today but went back to Balevullin beach to take Bhru for a walk and watch the Blackwater Sports Surf School.

The black dot in this next photo is Abbie the camper van!!!

We had a coffee and a wee snack then headed down to Gott Bay to watch the kite surfers.

Then we went to visit the Yellow Hare cafe and gift shop and it’s the first gift shop we’ve seen on the island. We had coffee and cake (again…) 😬🤣

We went to speak to the CalMac office to see what they thought about the ferries on the next few days and they told us to download the app to keep up to date with decisions made but it was ok for now.

Within about an hour that had changed and Friday’s is called out for disruption or cancellation. We sail on Saturday and the weather is forecast to be worse 😳

It’s raining by now so we came back to the campsite and moved to a more sheltered pitch.

We had a lovely relaxing afternoon and I finished the book that Claire leant me called “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens.

It was sooooo good. I’ve read it in a few days.

By 5pm the sun was back out so Bhru pup and I took a walk down to Balemartine Beach.

We had toasties in the Ridgemonkey for dinner.

And planning a lovely lazy evening though it’s 7pm already. We might need to baton down the hatches overnight but will see if the forecast changes. The bushes are providing a fair amount of shelter though it’s eased off for now and the sun is out.

Stay safe everyone 💨☀️💨