Can you tell I don’t get out much?!?! There are a few reasons…
- Abbie the van is in for conversion to Abbie the camper van
- THE JEEP IS STILL BROKEN AND IS THE HARDEST CAR IN THE WORKS TO ACTUALLY GET PARTS FOR!!!!!
So I started writing this while I was sitting outside out 5th option for Jeep parts. Craig had been in Pritek for at least 10 mins and the elation I felt was such a relief……
Nope. They were just busy. Time for another list.
- Hydraulink say they can’t make a pipe with those connectors on the end.
- Hydrafit said “we shut at half four” in a very loud voice when I went in at 4.24pm the other day. Then said it’s imperial and they can only do metric.
- Jeepey say that the physical part we need will not fit our car based on the ref and VIN nimber
- Jeep Linwood ordered the wrong part first. Then once we compared them they ordered what they think might be the right part. In some fishy issue with the courier, it didn’t arrive Tuesday as planned, didn’t arrive Wednesday and is now having to be reordered but this time from Italy?!?!?!?!
- Pirtek Kilmarnock said they could do it but add on a different end and make the pipe a different shape. Couldn’t keep it the same.
So I do apologise for the rant but we are already down £500 on a hire car and no further forward with the Jeep. Can you just write off a car because you can’t get a part for it?!? Asking for a friend…………
In other news poor Kilmarnock town centre today is looking pretty sorry for itself. So many shops now closed and boarded up. We went to Costa for coffee and kind of regretted that too.
I meant to say that I had a lovely wee evening in my room last night. Craig watched football when he came home from work and I sat upstairs with Fearne Cotton’s Happy Place podcast on and crocheted to my hearts content. Freya joined me and slept on the floor. It was just a lovely time. Me, myself and I. We both agreed that while we want each other’s company we both had a great night. That’s polite communication for you eh?! 🤣🤣🤣 can I do it again tomorrow !?!
I’m up here again now sitting on the bed which is my makeshift desk making calls and booking more for January 2021!!! I’ve found a second hand desk I love but it’s in Balgreen in Edinburgh and it won’t fit in the wee Citroeney thing…… I’ve got quotes of £74 to collect and drop off which I’m considering . Hmmmm we’ll see. Maybe a better one will appear over this way!!
Finally we’re outside now at the fire pit. I have a lovely alcohol free cider that I picked up in Tesco today. It’s only 50 calories and is super tasty!
Relaxed and chilled. Still no US President that I’m aware of. But I have spicy Nik Naks. That’s all I need right now.
Stay safe everyone 🔥🔥🔥